Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
The Klingon Bird of Prey Owners' Workshop Manual is a hardcover reference book, published in November 2012 by Haynes Publishing in collaboration with Simon & Schuster, written from a in-universe perspective by Ben Robinson and Rick Sternbach. The book details the construction and outfitting of the B'rel-class scout IKS Rotarran.
- From the book jacket
- The Bird-of-Prey is the classic Klingon starship – a tough raiding and scouting vessel that has served at the heart of the Klingon Defense Force for more than a hundred years. Life on board is harsh and brutal, with any sign of weakness leading to a challenge to the death. The ship itself is stripped back and lean, with everything designed for a single purpose – war.
- This Haynes Manual traces the origins of a Bird-of-Prey from the moment it is commissioned by one of the Great Houses and constructed at the shipyards of the Klingon Naval Academy. It then proceeds to examine General Martok's famous ship the I.K.S. Rotarran in unprecedented detail.
- Featuring a stunning cutaway drawing and, for the first time ever, detailed deck plans and incredible new computer-generated artwork, the Haynes Bird-of-Prey Manual is a technical tour of the ship's systems, from the bridge and engineering rooms to the disruptors, torpedo launcher, and the all-important cloaking device. In addition, the Manual provides a unique insight into life on board a Klingon ship and the Rotarran's glorious history in the Dominion War.
- This Haynes Manual is fully authorized by CBS. All the new artwork has been designed by Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Voyager's senior illustrator Rick Sternbach, who is the world’s leading expert on Star Trek technology, with CG renders produced by Star Trek VFX artist Adam 'Mojo' Lebowitz.
- The manual, a follow-up to the USS Enterprise Owners' Workshop Manual, included artwork by Sternbach and CGI renderings by Lebowitz, and features an introduction written by J.G. Hertzler as his Martok alter ego.
- Originally, as was indicated on the solicitation cover, it was Robert Bonchune, having done the renderings for the previous outing, who was slated to do the CGI renderings. However, as stated in the acknowledgments, Bonchune was unable to do so due to family circumstances.
- Other acknowledged contributors were Michael Okuda, who provided a cache of display graphics, Bill George and the webmasters of Ex Astris Scientia, Bernd Schneider and MA admin Jörg, who provided reference material for the book.
| Previous Haynes Owners' Workshop Manual:|
USS Enterprise Owners' Workshop Manual
|Haynes Owners' Workshop Manuals|| Next Haynes Owners' Workshop Manual:|
Not yet announced