Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chief was a common designation for leading officers and enlisted people aboard Federation starships and installations. When used as a title referring to an officer it denoted positional authority, or department head status. In reference to an enlisted person, it referred directly to rank, specifically to the rank of chief petty officer or above.
Starfleet ranks and titles Edit
- Chief engineer, head of the engineering department on a starship
- Assistant chief engineer, second-in-command of the engineering department on a starship
- Chief medical officer, head of the medical department on a starship
- Chief of operations, head of the operations on a starbase or space station
- Chief petty officer, rank given to senior non-commissioned officers, who have substantial experience and are considered experts in their specific profession.
- Chief tactical officer, in charge of Tactical stations on a starship
- Commander in chief, in charge of Starfleet
- Transporter chief, in charge of transporter operation on a starship
- Security chief, in charge of security on a starship or at a Starfleet facility
- Section chief, head of a section on Starfleet vessels
Other cultures Edit
|Enlisted personnel||Commissioned officers||Generals and flag officers|
|ENS||LT JG||LT||LT CMDR||CMDR||CAPT||FCAPT||CDORE||RADM||VADM||ADM||FADM|
|2nd LT||1st LT||CAPT||MAJ||LT COL||COL||BRIG||MAJ GEN||LT GEN||GEN||MARSHAL|
|Positions:||Crewman • Technician • Chief||YMN||TAC • SO • 3rd • 2nd • 1st • CO • DD||Portmaster • Chief of Staff • CinC|
|Services:|| Andorian • Bajoran • Cardassian • Jem'Hadar • Klingon • Romulan • SS • Terran Empire Starfleet • Terran Empire MACO •|
United Earth MACO • United Earth/Federation Starfleet • United States • Vulcan