(written from a Production point of view)
- You may be looking for Dante's Inferno.
As the final battle of the Prophets and the Pah-wraiths within the nightmarish realm of nonlinear time begins - the greatest epic adventure in the saga of Deep Space 9 reaches its staggering conclusion... (Book III of III)
- From the book jacket
- As predicted in ancient Bajoran texts, the Celestial Temple has been restored, ending normal space-time existence for all except Captain Benjamin Sisko and those trapped on the Starship USS Defiant and the Klingon warship Boreth. But as apocalyptic war rages between the Prophets and the Pah-wraiths, one last chance for survival beckons – a return to Deep Space 9.
- Yet, in the realm of nonlinear time, it appears that there are two possible times at which Sisko and his allies can turn to the station: on the day of the Cardassian Withdrawal, or on the day six years later when DS9 was destroyed. But which choice will lead to the triumph of the Prophets? And which to eternal victory for the Pah-wraiths? With time literally running out and the fate of the universe in his hands, Sisko now must confront his own personal inferno-in order to change the past and restore the present, he must be ready to make the ultimate sacrifice ... his future....
- This novel contained Chapter Nine of the serialized novel Starfleet: Year One.
- During the book, Ben Sisko recalls how he considered turning down the Deep Space Nine assignment in favor of a teaching job at Rutgers University. This is most likely an in-joke, as Avery Brooks attended Rutgers, and later became a theater arts professor.
Following the destruction of the universe, Miles O'Brien attempts to rally his current 'crew' – consisting of Quark, Rom, Garak, and Odo – to help him in his plan to change history to prevent the end of the universe by citing the stories he heard on the Enterprise-D of time-travelers from the twenty-sixth and twenty-seventh centuries ("A Matter of Time" and "Captain's Holiday") respectively.
- Benjamin Sisko
- Jadzia Dax
- Jake Sisko
- Jean-Luc Picard
- Thomas Riker
- Benny Russell
- Vic Fontaine
- Miles O'Brien
- Winn Adami
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|The War of the Prophets|| Pocket DS9|
|Prophecy and Change|
|Millennium||Final novel in series|