(written from a Production point of view)
I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky…
… and all I ask is a tall ship and a start to steer her by…
… and the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sails shaking–
With the running of the solar sailing competition known as the Federation Cup, the USS Enterprise-D is assigned to the security and support detail.
Background information Edit
- This is part 1 of a 4 issue mini-series.
- The story appears to take place before the events of TNG: "All Good Things...".
- Based on Star Trek: The Next Generation created by Gene Roddenberry
- Writer: Diane Duane
- Editor: Margaret Clark
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in DC TNG volume 2 characters.
- Jean-Luc Picard
- USS Enterprise-D captain.
- William T. Riker
- Enterprise-D exec.
- Beverly Crusher
- Enterprise-D surgeon.
- Android Enterprise-D operations officer.
- Geordi La Forge
- VISOR-sighted Enterprise-D chief engineer.
- Klingon Enterprise-D security chief.
- Deanna Troi
- Half-Betazoid Enterprise-D counselor.
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|First issue in series|| DC TNG volume 2|
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Ill Wind
|#2: "Ill Wind, Part Two"|