(written from a Production point of view)
How To Host A Mystery - Star Trek: The Next Generation was a special edition of Decipher's How To Host A Murder series of boxed party game sets. Released in 1992, it allowed a group of eight players (more could be included as "unnamed crewmembers") plus a "Party Host" to enact a "lost episode" of Star Trek: The Next Generation, all in the confines of a dinner party setting. (ISBN 1878875892)
- STARDATE 47729.25: An eight-member away team from the USS Enterprise-D has found the legendary Orb of Knowledge. (Note: This is not one of the Bajoran Orbs, but an equally legendary artifact nonetheless.) However, later at a celebratory banquet, Captain Jean-Luc Picard discovers that the Orb has disappeared, and several of the personnel guarding it have been assaulted. A brief investigation leads to the fact that only someone in the away team could have committed the assault and subsequent theft of the Orb. But which one could it be – Commander William T. Riker, Dr. Beverly Crusher, Lt. Cmdr. Data, Counselor Deanna Troi, Lt. Worf, Ensign Ro Laren, Lt. Cmdr. Geordi La Forge or Ten Forward hostess Guinan?
Game components Edit
- An audio cassette tape which reveals the details of the mystery
- A diagram of the USS Enterprise-D
- A Host's Guide and Instruction Booklet
- Eight Guest Invitations and envelopes
- Eight Player Clue Manuals with secret info for each player
- An Investigation Report
- A booklet containing nine "Secret Clues"
- "Crewmember" Nametags
- Optional Dinner and Costume Suggestions to give the party more flavor (pun not intended)