(written from a Production point of view)
Trapped in the past, three of the Enterprise crew face certain death.
- From the book jacket
- A dispute over a planet and its primitive people leads Captain Kirk and a Klingon Commander to pit their ships against each other in battle. But the fight is stopped by a mysterious and powerful alien being named Weyland, who decides to punish three Enterprise crewmembers with their own history. He places Sulu in feudal Japan during the period's most important and bloody power struggle, Scotty in 18th century Scotland on the eve of revolt, and Chekov in WWII Russia.
- Now, the three time travelers must face overwhelming dangers as they are pulled by conflicting forces: their allegiance to their homelands, their duty to the Federation they serve, and the demands of history.
Memorable quotes Edit
"Take us to your leader."
"We do not have a leader. We have a god."
"Yes. The immortal Weyland."
"I see. And is the immortal Weyland, um... available?"
- - James T. Kirk and a Cragon V native
"What... are you?"
- - James T. Kirk and Weyland
Background information Edit
- This is the only Star Trek novel written by Dana Kramer-Rolls.
- James T. Kirk
- Leonard McCoy
- Montgomery Scott
- Hikaru Sulu
- Pavel Chekov
- Nyota Uhura
- Josef Stalin
- Kirk internally compares Cragon V to Organia: two peaceful, pastoral worlds with seemingly primitive inhabitants that become grounds for conflict between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.
- The Apple and The Return of the Archons
- When Cragon V's inhabitants state that they are ruled by "a god," Montgomery Scott inwardly prays, "Lord, let it not be a supercomputer," recalling the crew's past encounters with Vaal and Landru.
- When the Enterprise is suddenly frozen by an unseen force, Kirk half-expects to see the Organian leader appear on the bridge.
- Q Continuum
- Weyland states that he is a former member of an unnamed "continuum of beings" and displays immortality and near-omnipotence similar to Q's.
- Home Is the Hunter at Wikipedia
- Home is the Hunter at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#51: Enemy Unseen|| Pocket TOS|
|Mindshadow (#41)||Titan Books release order||Demons (#43)|