(written from a Production point of view)
High-tech adventure with the Starfleet Corps of Engineers!
Have Tech, Will Travel is an anthology collecting the first four books from Pocket Books' original eBook series about the Starfleet Corps of Engineers, depicting the missions of a rapid response team of SCE taking place during the 2370s. Several canon characters and concepts were included in the stories, but with new details not mentioned in televised Star Trek of the era.
The name of the collected edition is based on the story "Have Spacesuit, Will Travel" by Robert Heinlein, which was, in turn, named for the Ancient West phrase "Have gun, will travel", which was also the title of a Western series Gene Roddenberry frequently worked on as a writer.
- From the back cover
- STARFLEET CORPS OF ENGINEERS
- Need a gigantic, marauding starship explored? Is your global computer system starting to break down? Call in the crack team from the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. Overseen by Captain Montgomery Scott from his office at Starfleet Headquarters, the S.C.E. can build, rebuild, program, reprogram, assemble, reassemble, or just figure out everything from alien replicators to doomsday machines. Just don't expect them to perform miracles – unless they absolutely have to.
- Captain David Gold, his first officer Commander Sonya Gomez, and the crew of the U.S.S. da Vinci put their lives on the line to save a colony world threatened by a deadly alien and rescue a ship trapped in the ravages of interphase.
- Join Starfleet's miracle workers for a wrenching journey through the new frontier!
- The Belly of the Beast by Dean Wesley Smith
- Fatal Error by Keith R.A. DeCandido
- Hard Crash by Christie Golden
- Interphase, Part One by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|First novel in series|| Pocket SCE|
|#2: Miracle Workers|