(written from a Production point of view)
In memory of the Worthy. (Part 2 of 3)
The Worthy familiarize themselves with their new situation. Tomlinson sends USS Exeter to investigate the hold-up in Lamver unit testing. When the Enterprise-A tries to return the Worthy to their home, they find a disaster has occurred.
- This issue is the second issue in a trilogy titled "Return of the Worthy".
- This issue marked the final series appearance of R.J. Blaise. She would later return in one Star Trek Special.
- In keeping with the story's theme, cover artist Jerome K. Moore incorporated the words "Lost in Space" into the hair of the boy alien, Arrit. This was caught and removed by the editor, but Will Robinson and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial still make cameos in the assembled crew in the background. Moore based the likeness of the daughter alien on Kirstie Alley. 
- The leader of the Worthy talks about the "Ravenous bug blatter beast of Traal", a creature that appeared in the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy series of books. The beast is again referenced in the final issue of the trilogy.
- It was reprinted in the "Best of Peter David" collection.
- Based on Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Editor: Robert Greenberger
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in DC TOS volume 2 characters.
Regular and recurring characters
- James T. Kirk
- USS Enterprise-A captain.
- Vulcan Enterprise-A exec and science officer.
- Leonard McCoy
- Enterprise-A surgeon.
- R.J. Blaise
- Protocol officer assigned as Kirk's (so-called) "watchdog".
- Pavel Chekov
- Enterprise-A navigator and security chief.
- Hikaru Sulu
- Enterprise-A helmsman.
- Enterprise-A communications officer.
- Montgomery Scott
- Enterprise-A chief engineer.
- Exeter captain.
- USS Enterprise-A
- Federation starship.
- USS Exeter
- Federation starship. It is not revealed if this was really same USS Exeter encountered in TOS: "The Omega Glory".
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|#13: "A Rude Awakening!"||DC TOS volume 2||#15: "Tomorrow Never Knows!"|