General Order 7 was made part of Starfleet policy in 2254. The rationale for the order was top secret, known only to Starfleet Command, and could only be revealed to subordinate officers upon a certified direct order issued by a flag officer. A file about the directive was also written (see full text below). However, not even it explained the reason for General Order 7. Usually kept locked, the file needed to be opened using a specific device.
- Known facts: Detailed information cross referenced with 3XY phagrin level - mass computer.
- The only Earthship to visit the planet Talos IV was the USS Enterprise commanded by Captain Christopher Pike with Half-Vulcan Science Officer Spock.
- Recommendations: Be it hereby noted that said following instructions be incorporated in STARFLEET policy:
- The following officers have visited Talos IV and recommend that no Human should ever visit it again - -
- Captain Christopher Pike
- Half-Vulcan Science Officer Spock