From Sannse @ Wikia:
We have some new additions today...
- There is a new special page, which will show you your edit count for the wiki you are on. This is at Special:Editcount. The help page is at Help:Editcount, as always feel free to copy this help page to your local wiki.
- It's now possible to add RSS feeds from other sites to Wikia. The code is simple: <RSS> feed URL </RSS>. This will allow you to include news feed, blog posts, or other frequently updated content on your wikis. The help page is at Help:RSS2Wiki
- Many of you will have seen Wikipedia's donation notice, and that it could be dismissed with a click. This has now been added to Wikia. The help page for this is at Help:Site notice
- The user list at Special:Listusers now only shows users that have edited that specific Wikia. Admins have a link to show all users, although there are not likely to be many reasons to see users without edits. This feature is still being worked on, so may have more features in the future. currently disabled for more testing
- The default for the top browser bar as been set to "<pagename> - <wiki name> - a Wikia wiki". On tests, this helped a lot in getting better Google recognition. Any wikis where this had already been edited weren't changed, and some may want to make changes now But having "Wikia" in the title seems to be very helpful in getting the site recognised as part of the whole .... which means work on other Wikia wikis will benefit you!
As usual, please let us know of bugs. Those on the mailing list have found some with the EditCount already (it doesn't show on white-on-black wikis). Thanks all. -- Sannse 16:23, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
Editcount no longer gives weird calculation errors, and is now the right colours (no more white text on a white background!) -- Sannse 16:04, 27 February 2007 (UTC)