Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I am throwing a birthday party for my boyfriend and making a star trek cake. His friends enjoy cigars and poker, which started me on a goody bag idea. His favorite series are TNG and VOY, but he also likes TOS too. What are some of the "vices" of the characters from these series that I could include besides playing cards and a cigar (I believe Q gives them to the crew in one episode and he LOVES Q) for gifts for the people coming?
- Good question - we've been throwing around some ideas on IRC, and these are our immediate suggestions:
- The cake should look like a blue TNG uniform, and have mint frosting (Reference: Cellular peptide)
- Serve prune juice ("a warrior's drink!"), Earl Grey tea and something green (Aldebaran whiskey). Avoid Bloodwine, because no one likes to drink fermented blood on a birthday party!
- Have Jazz music playing
- Offer a dartboard (and a Dabo table, although we're unsure about the rules right now; both are DS9, though)
- As for gifts: Poker cards and chips, Cigars, Baseballs (DS9!), some of Shakespeare's works
- Other than that, we just found out that most of their vices are somewhat hard to pull of as gifts, like science-for-fun, or model building, or reliving the Battle of Britain on a holodeck. Perhaps you can find more here: Category:Recreation
- Good luck with the party, and all the best wishes from Memory Alpha! :) -- Cid Highwind 16:18, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Smirnoff Ice and blue food coloring (not too much, just enough to make it bright) makes a good DS9 version of Romulan ale, with the added benefit of actually being alcoholic. You can probably do this with any cloudy colored beverage. Grapefruit juice makes a stand in for tranya. If you want to be really adventurous, meal worms and super worms are safe for human consumption, and look just like Ferengi tube grubs. Somewhere around I have a list of other recipes I've invented for Star Trek themed foods and drinks, I'll try to find it. --OuroborosCobra talk 18:29, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
- By far the best thing one could give, at least cost and time consuming wise, would be a Riker head mug. I for one have never figured out why this product was never made. At the very least, reenacting this shot should be a hoot. Of course, I acknowledge that I wouldn't take my advice myself. :) - Archduk3 23:00, March 10, 2010 (UTC)