Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This forum discussion has been archived
This forum discussion has been archived and should not be added to. Please visit the Forums to begin a new topic in the relevant location.
I'm confused on how to write a template for my profile. Could someone please show me how? - Curst Saden 23:05 5 August, 2007 (UTC).
- It's all a matter of preference, which varies on the users wiki skill, or ability to cop other users wiki skills. You're going to have to be more detailed in your statement if you are looking for something more specific. --Alan 05:34, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- I would have copied and cleared a template from someone else, but it appears i can't access the code for it. I don't know how else to do it (each Wiki-edit technique seems to be slightly different depending on which site you're on.) I just want the standard templete that says what your favorite episode and actor and stuff like that.
Curst Saden 23:41, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- Here you go:
|Favorite Movie:||Star Trek: First Contact|
- Just copy that code and post it to your user page and change the image to the one you want to use. To create more sections (i.e. "name", "favorite actor", etc.) just copy the "odd"/"even" code and paste it above or below the one you copied from and change the info as you wish. Make sure each new section is separated by "|-", though. Hope that helps! :) --From Andoria with Love 06:39, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- Ah, that'll do it. Thanks! Curst Saden 10:55 6 August, 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry, I should have explained... all you needed to do was copy the code as it was presented in the forum, not copy it from the editing page, lol! I had formatted the code to make it appear above as it would when typing it in the editing page... if that makes sense. I should have stated that... or, better yet, I should have just posted the code without any formatting. Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, I've fixed the sidebar on your talk page (hope you don't mind); all you need to do is add whatever image you want (if any) and add the info you want. Sorry again. --From Andoria with Love 20:30, 6 August 2007 (UTC)