This forum discussion has been archived
This forum discussion has been archived and should not be added to. Please visit the Forums to begin a new topic in the relevant location.
Hello! I'm looking to watch ALL the Star Trek shows chronologically (including the animated series & films) so i need to know if there is an episode list sorted by stardate?
- Hi there. Firstly if you could sign your messages with four ~'s that would be great! As for your query, you can see a list of the episodes in chronological order, here. Hope that helps! --TrekFan Talk 14:49, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm, looks like someone else just answered your question while I was writing my response, so this may be completely unnecessary. :-) However, I'll post it anyway (may as well, in case it's helpful):
- The pages for each of the respective series here at Memory Alpha list the episodes in their aired order. Most of the time, this is completely chronological. However, occasionally (or, in the case of TOS, not so occasionally), a few episodes will be aired slightly out of order, possibly due to one episode taking a bit longer in production and not being ready to air until a little later. However, episodes were only aired out of order when viewing them out of order wouldn't cause a discontinuity between events for viewers. Thus, I've found that it doesn't hurt at all to watch the episodes in aired order, regardless of whether that aired order is strictly chronological.
- Nonetheless, I realize that this probably doesn't quite answer your question the way you were hoping. :-) As far as I know, there is no one list of all episodes by strict chronological order (at least not here at Memory Alpha). In fact, putting one together would be rather difficult and possibly inaccurate, since a rather large number of episodes (especially DS9) never gave a stardate. Probably your best bet would be to go to the pages for the individual years (for example, 2369 for TNG Season 6/DS9 Season 1); each page has a list of all episodes, in chronological order, that are set within that year.
- Here is a general guide to the years which each series/season was set in:
- Note: Star Trek Generations is set partly in 2371 and partly in 2294. I recommend watching it when you're at 2371, since that's where the bulk of the movie is set and you won't get it unless you've seen all of TNG.
- Note 2: Star Trek is set mostly in 2258, though since it's in a completely alternate timeline and everything's different anyway, it doesn't really need to be watched in chronological order with the rest. I recommend watching it after everything else (though, actually it can go pretty much anywhere).
- Enjoy! :-) Mdettweiler 15:12, 21 July 2009 (UTC)