Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This forum discussion has been archived
This forum discussion has been archived and should not be added to. Please visit the Forums to begin a new topic in the relevant location.
In my Special Pages it says: "Restricted special pages Invite friends to join Wikia"
- It is probably restricted to registered users only, and therefore not usable by anons. --OuroborosCobra talk 17:55, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
- I don't know, have you never seen it there before? Are you asking a question, or making a statement? --OuroborosCobra talk 18:51, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
- TrekkyStar, they are not ~your~ Special Pages. They are ~Memory Alpha Wiki's~ Special Pages. Still, you have highlighted a flaw. Specifically: That page should explain the "terms and conditions", so to speak. It does not. So it is badly documented. Cobra, did you mean "probably" or did you actually mean "definitely"? Do you actually know, one way or the other? Or was that a guess? TribbleFurSuit 20:11, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
- Yup, I meant "probably", because honestly I have no clue :P
- You are right, the page does not set out or describe the conditions. I made an educated guess because of the fact that it would not make sense for an anon (and therefore not a registered Wikia user) to invite someone to something they are not. Still, it was just that, a guess. The page should be made to be better. --OuroborosCobra talk 20:45, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
- This is just another "educated guess", but I think that page might be restricted to those accounts with a mail address that has been confirmed.
- I could send an invitation without any problems. The invited person will get an e-mail with the following content:
- Cid Highwind has sent you an article from Memory Alpha!
- I just joined Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Come check it out at http://memory-alpha.org!
- This email was sent by #.#.#.# via Wikia.
- If you think this was sent in error, please let us know at email@example.com.
- The address of the sending account is used as reply-to. Whether such an invitation mail is really useful... decide for yourself. -- Cid Highwind 06:16, 10 April 2008 (UTC)