Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Is it to possible to get an RSS feed of memory alpha content? Other than this is there any possibility of querying memory alpha content via some kind of web service or XML interface? I'm curious because I would like to be able to access memory alpha content through a proprietary interface. This is something entirely for private use and not something that I intend to distribute to anyone. It is more of a tool that would be helpful to me as I develop a Star Trek related project that requires me to frequently look through memory alpha as well as books for information. Being able to write a custom interface to a lean data API would save me lots of time. Btw, this personal project does not involve any reproduction of memory alpha content I am simply creating a virtual world and I use Star Trek reference sources to make sure that I am building it in a way consistent with the details of Star Trek canon and timelines.
- ...request the raw wiki source of a page by appending
?action=rawto the query string.
- ...request XML for an article or articles via HTTP requests to Special:Export.
- ...use the query.php API interface here.
- ...download a complete XML database dump from here, and query against it locally. Of course, Wikia hasn't made a new dump since Jul 2, 2007, so iit won't be up to date.
--Bp 03:47, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
Thank you! Perfect! B-)
- The link I was using is http://www.wikia.com/dbdumps/dbdumps.html. --Bp 16:24, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- ... Ok, Cid, now I get a 404 at your URL. Where is it now? --Bp 22:24, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- http://wikistats.wikia.com/dbdumps/dbdumps.html or http://wikistats.wikia.com/dbdumps/enmemoryalpha/pages_full.xml.gz – Morder 22:27, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. I wonder where it will be next month... --Bp 23:53, 9 July 2008 (UTC)