How does the Starfleet Officers Manuel (as mentioned by Kim in Warhead) link in with Starfleet regulations, if indeed it does? The regulation quoted seems no different to the many other regulations that have been stated but it isn’t on that page, nor is there an Officers Manuel article. What’s stopping me from simply adding the quoted regulation to the page is that I don’t know definitively that the two are connected, and I’m certainly not confident enough to bash out an Officers Manuel article. Sorry if a few questions have overlapped. Advice, please.--Archer4real 17:55, January 10, 2011 (UTC)
Here are my thoughts on my own query/queries, in the absence of others, hint ;) –
- The Starfleet Officers Manual (oops!) should have its own article, as it was mentioned in canon and is thus part of the Star Trek universe. No way round that.
- As for the Officers Manual’s contents …. Hmm. Would a valid approach be to check ‘real world’ manuals of this type and determine if they really are rulebooks for serving officers of whatever sort. I don’t mean to actually get copy of such a book but simply Google it or something.
- I realize that there’s a similar book to the Officers Manual, so would it just be easiest to pen the article, quote the regulation Kim does and not bug oneself unduly as to the contents?
- I believe the quoted regulation should be added to the regulations page, as was the one from "The Disease" which I feel quite able to do. Alas, my insecurity about creating an Officers Manual article remains so if there are any takers…--Archer4real 16:30, January 15, 2011 (UTC)
- At most, the article should only contain what is in canon. That's it. -- sulfur 18:57, January 15, 2011 (UTC)