Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I am not on the internet at home, so I use the local library internet service, which limits me to an hour at a time. Is there any way to download the complete site so I can read it at home. Disk capacity is not a problem. Many thanks. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by JosephWebber (talk • contribs).
- Special:Statistics. At the bottom. "Current Pages". That's the closest you can do. The only problem is... it's in XML'd wiki code, and doesn't read too well. -- sulfur 11:44, April 10, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks a lot.
Funny you should say that. I was just about to post the following:
Just thought you’d like to know.
After trying to understand various XML conversion programs without success, I had a brainwave.
1. I decompressed pages_current.xml.gz.
2. I recompressed it using Winbzip2 to pages_current.xml.bz2.
3. I ran WikiTaxi Importer to create MemoryAlpha.taxi.
4. I ran WikiTaxi against that file, and lo and behold a fully formatted searchable database. No images, but I assume they are not in the dump unless I’ve missed something; is there any way to get those?