I really didn't know where to ask this, but I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of computer program or device can be used to capture images from the TV series, films, etc. I see a lot of great photos here and I was curious if there was a method to obtain specific images and to upload them on the site. Thanks – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kestrel Nova (talk • contribs).
- Try the GOM Player. Check the Control Panel – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Glassonion0 (talk • contribs).
- VLC media player lets you play a DVD on your computer. There's a Snapshot option in the Video menu. You'll have to set some location in the Video Preferences if you don't want to use VLC's program folder. The Win version has recently been updated by the way (there's also an OSX and several Linux versions). As for VHS, that would take a bit more work. You'll have to buy some software and a piece of hardware to connect a vcr to your pc. Pinnacle can do this. A third alternative is downloading from torrents or newsgroups, but unless you already own the stuff you're downloading on VHS or DVD, this is illegal, so you would have to find out more about that somewhere else.--JulesB 16:33, October 23, 2009 (UTC)
- I was thinking about adding film stills to episodes that have few or none. Are there any guidelines/restrictions to adding film stills to episodes? -- Sac87126 17:12, October 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Look at the images already present for the episode, and make certain that any new images capture something that is relative to the wiki and something that needs to be shown. The other thing is to ensure that you cite, license, and categorize the images properly. Look at the image policy and other images from the same episode for comparisons. -- sulfur 17:36, October 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Pause episode
- If on a Windows PC, hit PRINTSCREEN; then open up MS Paint, click paste and crop appropriatly
- IF on a Mac, hold Command + Shift + 3 for a full screencap, or Command + Shift + 4 for a selection
- Hope this helps. --- Jaz 04:34, December 27, 2009 (UTC)