Forum icon  ForumsReference Desk → Hardware identification label (replywatch)
This forum discussion has been archived
This forum discussion has been archived and should not be added to. Please visit the Forums to begin a new topic in the relevant location.

Hi, I'd like to know how the identification labels, that can be found on boxes, consoles and PADDs ar called. You know, those orange or red small rather rectangular labels that can be found everywhere. They often included joke messages like 'in space no one can hear you scream'. Usually the left part is separated an contains a numer, and the right a larger identification and small text.

Please help! Thanks.--Cmdr. Wernersson 13:20, 18 November 2006 (UTC)

The interface found on those computers and such in the 24th century is called LCARS. The inside jokes are called Okudagrams. Someone correct me if I am wrong. --OuroborosCobra talk 15:58, 18 November 2006 (UTC)

I did not mean the interface. What I was talking about, are those stickers like the ones shown on the bootom of this site.--Cmdr. Wernersson 16:56, 18 November 2006 (UTC)

That site calls them door labels – seems fitting to me. -Humu­humu­nuku­nuku­āpuaʻa 14:18, 22 November 2006 (UTC)