Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I have noticed that each TV episode article simply opens with a one or two line summary of the plot. I do not feel this format properly introduces an episode, so I propose all episode intros be reformatted. This is my suggested format. Before I begin implementing this, I just wanted to get a general consensus. Let's take "These Are the Voyages..." for intance:
These Are the Voyages... is a 2005 Season 4 episode of Star Trek: Enterprise. Written by Rick Berman and Brannon Braga and directed by Allan Kroeker, the episode originally aired on May 13, 2005. It is the series finale.
In a holodeck simulation aboard the Enterprise-D, Commander Riker gains an insight into life aboard the Enterprise (NX-01), shortly before the starship was decommissioned.
Adamwankenobi 19:57, 7 August 2006 (UTC)
- Two minor issues to raise immediately:
- Pretty much all of that information is in the sidebar about 4 inches to the right.
- Current MoS for episodes decrees that no links shall exist in the episode summary.
- Furthermore, I'm not convinced that all of that information is really all that necessary to introduce someone to an episode. Simply use the "TV Guide" style summary as a one-liner introduction, and all is good, no? -- Sulfur 20:05, 7 August 2006 (UTC)
- I rather like it the way it is. In its current form in-universe info is seperated from the production info. The leading paragraph is there for a brief description of the episode/novel/whatever. Mixing it with information when a episode was produced is, in my opinion, not the way to go IMHO. -- Q 20:20, 7 August 2006 (UTC)
- I agree with Sulfur and Q, the way it is keeps everything organized - and I believe the information was purposefully put in the sidebar to keep it out of the body of the article. And there's the whole POV thing, which also makes sense. - AJ Halliwell 20:55, 7 August 2006 (UTC)