Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I am a member of an German StarTrek life role playing association and we are using since 2004 an offline copy of Memory-Alpha (en) as an possibility for our players to research Trek data's, in the same way like the actors did in the show.
Here is a picture from our last event showing one of our members using our Memory-Alpha version via the game: Database in use
Now we have to reinstall our server and want to use this situation for updating with an actual dump of Memory-Alpha. But if someone don’t have all the pictures, the "new" mediawiki technology of templates lead’s to big and very disturbing error messages on around 3/4 of all the pages.
So I would like to kindly ask you if there is maybe a possibility to download all the actual Memory-Alpha pictures at once or if someone can be so nice to send them to me?
We definitely don’t use the copy online or for any use beside of the game.
Please, please, PLEASE
Klaus --188.8.131.52 22:22, 15 April 2007 (UTC)
PS: Here’s the link to our Homepage (sorry, only in German) Starfleet-Operations e.V.
- There's a 330MB TAR-file located here:  or here: , although I'm not sure how up-to-date this really is. Legalese about all that can be found here: w:Database download. Good luck :) -- Cid Highwind 08:50, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, I recently downloaded this, and the server claims Last-Modified on March 31, 2006. More than a year out of date. The number of images in the archive is also very low, considering all revisions are in there. Anyway, A couple months ago I wrote a little script which crawled the image pages of MA and downloaded the images, but Wikia banned me from all wikia for it, anbd I had to beg to even view MA again. Bastards. ;) --Bp 09:05, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks very much Cid for the links. But BP is right, the file was last updated March 2006 and includes 2000 pictures less than actual Memory-Alpha. Is there –maybe- a possibility to produce a new one ? Thanks - Klaus -- 184.108.40.206 18:29, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
- An update of the archive file has been requested - it may take a while, but check back later to see if the archive size has changed. -- Cid Highwind 08:28, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for the support - Klaus -- 220.127.116.11 08:46, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
Just to inform you all and specially BP – the file was updated yesterday 24.4.2007 – it's size now 1150MB - Klaus -- 18.104.22.168 08:55, 25 April 2007 (UTC)