HISTORICAL ARCHIVE: STARFLEET
- 2026: Earth's Third World War begins, over the issue of genetic manipulation and Human genome enhancement. Colonel Phillip Green leads a faction of ultra-violent ecoterrorists resulting in 37 million deaths.
- 2030: Zefram Cochrane is born. His work makes such an enormous contribution to space exploration that universities and planets are one day named after him.
- 2061: First successful demonstration of light speed propulsion by Zefram Cochrane. This became the basis for early warp drive technology, and heralded First Contact with members of the Vulcan race.
- 2065: S.S. Valiant embarks on a deep space exploration mission. The Expedition is lost with all hands.
- 2067: British astronomer John Burke of the Royal Academy maps an area of space including Sherman's Planet.
- 2079: Earth recovers from a nuclear war. In this postatomic horror, the legal system is based on the system of "guilty until proven innocent."
- 2117: Zefram Cochrane, now residing in the Alpha Centauri system, departs at the age of 87 for parts unknown. He is believed to have died, but his body is never recovered.
- 2151: The first starship Enterprise NX-01 is launched, under the command of Captain Jonathan Archer. SEE ADDITIONAL ENTRY.
- 2160: Romulan Wars ended by the Battle of Cheron. The Romulans suffer a humiliating defeat at the hands of an Earth/Andorian/Vulcan/Tellarite alliance.
- 2161: United Federation of Planets incorporated. Starfleet is officially established with a charter "to boldly go where no man has gone before." The Federation is governed by a Council, located in the city of San Francisco on Earth, and the Federation council president's office is in the city of Paris. The Constitution of the Federation includes important protections of individual rights.
- 2223: Relations with the Klingon Empire degenerate, giving rise to some 70 years of unremitting hostility between the Klingons and the Federation.
Appears on these pages
The Archon was a 22nd century Federation starship operated by Starfleet. In 2167, the Archon...
The Battle of Cheron was a pivotal battle that took place in 2160, between the Romulan Star...
Beta III was the inhabited third planet of the C-111 system. This was the homeworld of the Beta...