Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sensors aboard 23rd century Federation starships could be calibrated to read in degrees Fahrenheit. However, like the mile, this antiquated means of measurement was used only on rare occasions. For instance, the body function panels in sickbay measured a patient's body temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. (Star Trek: The Original Series)
Comparative list of temperatures Edit
- Uhura noted the weather forecast at Yosemite National Park as being sunny skies with a temperature of 70° (Fahrenheit). (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
- Zefram Cochrane maintained a constant temperature of 72° (Fahrenheit) in his dwelling on Gamma Canaris N. To Nancy Hedford, who was suffering from Sakuro's Disease, this temperature felt "terribly hot." (TOS: "Metamorphosis")
- The surface temperature of the Companion's homeworld was reported by Doctor Leonard McCoy to be 75° Fahrenheit. (TOS: "Metamorphosis")
- A weather report, heard on the Henry Starling's radio in 1967, noted that the temperature in downtown Barstow, California was 75° (Fahrenheit). (VOY: "Future's End")
- While scanning the surface of a planet, Spock's sensor readings discovered a Human being, later determined to be named Lazarus, with a body temperature 98.5° Fahrenheit. (TOS: "The Alternative Factor")