(written from a Production point of view)
F-Toys is a "candy toy" company headquartered in Osaka, Japan which manufactured pre-painted PVC miniatures of Star Trek starships as the "Star Trek Fleet Collection 1" and the "Starfleet Collection". They were retailed in Japan by Platz as a licensed blind-box "gashapon" product line in 2008, 2010, and 2016.
The ships were designed for F-Toys by FineMolds, a renowned Japanese modeling company, and were packaged with adjustable, individually-labeled stands. A small amount of assembly was required.
Star Trek releases Edit
Star Trek Fleet Collection 1 Edit
Released in November 2008
- 01 - USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D - 125 mm
- 02 - Enterprise NX-01 - 90 mm
- 03 - USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (TOS) - 115 mm
- 04 - USS Defiant NX-74205 - included a translucent "cloaked" version; 68 mm
- 05 - USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (refit)
- Secret Item - ISS Enterprise NX-01 - mirror universe Enterprise NX-01 repaint; 90 mm
Limited Edition ISS Enterprise Edit
Starfleet Collection Edit
This set was a modified re-release ("reboot") of 2008's Star Trek Fleet Collection 1 where the USS Enterprise (refit) was replaced by the 2013 version of the alternate reality's USS Enterprise. A "secret" ship was not included with this set and the 2016 version of the Enterprise NX-01 did not have painted panel lines or windows.
Released in October 2016
- 01 - USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (Star Trek Into Darkness) - 118 mm
- 02 - USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (TOS) - 115 mm
- 03 - Enterprise NX-01 - 90 mm
- 04 - USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D - 125 mm
- 05 - USS Defiant NX-74205 - included a translucent "cloaked" version; 68 mm