Eidetic memory, sometimes referred to as photographic memory or total recall, was a psychological term referring to an ability to recall images in near-photographic detail. People with such memory might claim to "see" words. (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)
Federation doctors considered it an amazing gift. (VOY: "Eye of the Needle"). However, it was a normal trait in some species, including Borg, and famously Cardassians. (VOY: "11:59"; DS9: "The Maquis, Part I")
People with eidetic memoryEdit
- Excluding members of the above-mentioned always-eidetic species.
- Julian Bashir; Identified as having total recall by Luther Sloan. (DS9: "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges")
- Kes (suspected) (VOY: "Eye of the Needle")
- Seven of Nine. She claimed to need only seconds to commit what she saw to memory. (VOY: "Vis à Vis")
- Gillian Taylor (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)