(written from a Production point of view)
|Title||Episode||Production number||Date||Original airdate|
The third season of Enterprise focuses on the Enterprise NX-01's mission to prevent a second Xindi attack from destroying Earth. Unlike the show's second season, Enterprise's third season embraces a heavily serialized format dedicated to the search for the Xindi primary weapon. Additionally, Archer, Trip, and T'Pol receive considerable character development throughout the year.
The season concludes with the destruction of the Xindi weapon and the beginning of a brief story line that will bring the unpopular Temporal Cold War to an end the following season.
- Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer
- John Billingsley as Phlox
- Jolene Blalock as T'Pol
- Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed
- Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather
- Linda Park as Hoshi Sato
- Connor Trinneer as Charles Tucker III
- Nancy J. Hvasta Leonardi - Makeup Artist ("Damage", "The Forgotten")
- Cristina Patterson Ceret - Contact Len Designer/Painter
Background information Edit
- Season Three of Enterprise marks a Star Trek first: the use of a single story arc for an entire season. The Xindi arc actually begins with "The Expanse", the cliffhanger ending of the previous season, and extends indirectly into the first three episodes of the next, "Storm Front", "Storm Front, Part II" and "Home".
- The episode order for this season was cut from 26 to 24 episodes by Paramount, following some disappointing early ratings. As the season drew to a close, rumors grew that cancellation was close at hand, but the fourth season was wbm on 20 May 2004.
- The title of the series changed to Star Trek: Enterprise after "Extinction" was broadcast. For the season 3 DVD set, the first episodes were updated to reflect the change.
- The theme music was changed to have a more up-beat tempo, in line with Deep Space Nine's new theme starting with season four's premiere, "The Way of the Warrior", which was also changed to having a more up-beat tempo.
- Recaps of previous events are included at the start of the episodes "The Xindi", "The Shipment", "Proving Ground", "Harbinger", "Hatchery", "Damage", "The Forgotten", "E²", "The Council", "Countdown" and "Zero Hour".
- Season 3 is the only live-action season of the entire franchise in which no Klingons appear.
See also Edit
| Previous Season:|
ENT Season 2
| Seasons of|
Star Trek: Enterprise
| Next Season:|
ENT Season 4