Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
One dyne was a unit of measurement defined as the force that accelerated a mass of one gram at the rate of one centimeter per second squared. One dyne was equal to 2.2481×10−6 pounds of force, or 10−5 newtons.
Comparative list of force Edit
- 1 kilodyne = 1 thousand dynes
- The Doctor's bio-temporal chamber produced a field stress of 25 kilodynes during the initial test on Kes, before raising it to 30 kilodynes. (VOY: "Before and After")
- The integrity field stress caused by the USS Enterprise-D attempting to escape from the cosmic string fragment exceeded 82 million kilodynes. (TNG: "The Loss")
- 1 teradyne = 1 trillion dynes
- A Borg transwarp coil required a minimum of 30 teradynes to maintain a transwarp conduit, which was more than could be provided by the Delta Flyer's emergency power. (VOY: "Dark Frontier")
- During their encounter with a binary pulsar the USS Voyager's hull stress was noted at 45 teradynes and rising, eventually exceeding the vessel's designed maximum tolerance. (VOY: "Scientific Method")
- The warp core of the USS Voyager was "fueled by a matter/antimatter reaction, which produces a maximum output of 4,000 teradynes per second providing faster-than-light propulsion." (VOY: "Drone")
- The MIDAS array could direct a tachyon beam onto a pulsar which could produce gravimetric surges of 5 million teradynes. (VOY: "Pathfinder")