(written from a Production point of view)
Disavowed is a Star Trek: Section 31 novel by David Mack. Released in October 2014, the novel is "a hardcore spy-thriller-type-thing'", according to Mack, and features Julian Bashir and Sarina Douglas following the events of Star Trek: The Fall.
In an interview, Mack described that the plot of the novel is "essentially about [Bashir] beginning the process of infiltrating Section 31 and insinuating himself into the organisation, as part of his long term strategy [...] to take the organisation down from within". 
- Solicitation blurb
- The pulse-pounding new Star Trek thriller from David Mack – a direct sequel to the New York Times bestselling series The Fall!
- Amoral, shrouded in secrecy, and answerable to no one, Section 31 is the mysterious covert operations division of Starfleet, a rogue shadow group committed to safeguarding the Federation at any cost. Doctor Julian Bashir sacrificed his career for a chance to infiltrate Section 31 and destroy it from within. Now it's asking him to help it stop the Breen from stealing a dangerous new technology from the mirror universe – one that could give the Breen control over the galaxy. It’s a mission Bashir can't refuse – but is it really the shot he's been waiting for? Or is it a trap from which even his genetically enhanced intellect can't escape?
Background information Edit
- The author dedicates the novel to Ira Steven Behr, Bradley Thompson, and David Weddle.
- Historian's note: This story takes place in January, 2386, a few months after newly elected Federation president Kellesar zh'Tarash pardoned Julian Bashir . . .
- Cover art is by Tim Bradstreet with design by Alan Dingman.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Star Trek: Section 31||Control|