(written from a Production point of view)
Dawn Hernandez Velazquez worked as post-production coordinator on the sixth and seventh season of Star Trek: The Next Generation, the first and second season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and the first season of Star Trek: Voyager. Hernandez Velazquez then served as associate producer for the third and fourth season of Voyager and as co-producer for the last three seasons of Voyager. With the beginning of Star Trek: Enterprise she was a producer throughout the four year run of the show.
In addition, she was the assistant for Peter Lauritson during the production of Star Trek Generations, the character D. Velazquez in Enterprise was named after her, and she can be seen on a computer file, portraying Lieutenant Dawn Velazquez, an officer aboard the USS Pegasus, in the final episode of Enterprise, "These Are the Voyages...". During her early work on Star Trek she was credited as Dawn Hernandez.
Hernandez Velazquez received thanks for her contribution to the television special Journey's End: The Saga of Star Trek: The Next Generation in 1994 and worked more recently as producer for the television science fiction thriller Virtuality (2009), written and produced by former Trek alumni Michael Taylor and Ronald D. Moore, produced by Steve Oster and Maril Davis, edited by Michael O'Halloran, and along with concept illustrator John Eaves, digital effects supervisor Doug Drexler, visual effects supervisor Gary Hutzel, visual effects senior coordinator David Takemura, and digital artist Pierre Drolet.
Star Trek credits Edit
- Season 2 – Post Production Coordinator (24 episodes)
- Season 1 – Post Production Supervisor (20 episodes)
- Season 2 – Post Production Supervisor (26 episodes)
- "Future's End, Part II" – Post Production Supervisor
- Season 3 – Co-Producer (22 episodes)
- Season 4 – Co-Producer (26 episodes)
- Season 5 – Co-Producer (26 episodes)
- Season 6 – Co-Producer (26 episodes)
- Season 7 – Co-Producer (26 episodes)
- ENT: – Producer