- For the rank of Starfleet Commander, see Commander.
Background information Edit
Commander, Starfleet's orders appeared on a viewscreen viewed by Odo and Sisko in "Paradise Lost". This order also implied that his office was located in Paris, as the order was transmitted from there via a satellite and Luna to San Francisco.
Others who may have had this position include:
- Admiral Robert L. Comsol, the commanding officer of Starfleet Command (TOS: "The Menagerie, Part I")
- Fleet Admiral Cartwright, who was written into the Star Trek IV script in place of Morrow (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)
- Fleet Admiral Bob, the chief of staff, listed as a "commander" in the script (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)
- Fleet Admiral Bill, the commander in chief, who assigned Captain James T. Kirk to escort Klingon Chancellor Azetbur to Earth for treaty negotiations (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)
- Admiral Rick Berman, listed as a "commander" on the crew manifest of the USS Voyager (VOY: "The Killing Game")
- Vice Admiral Jeri Taylor, listed as a "commander" on the crew manifest of the USS Voyager (VOY: "Projections")