Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Clegg W. Hoyt (10 December 1910 – 6 October 1967; age 56) was an American actor who portrayed Pitcairn, the USS Enterprise transporter chief in the original series first pilot episode, "The Cage", which was subsequently rebroadcast as "The Menagerie, Part I" and "The Menagerie, Part II". His voice was dubbed by Robert C. Johnson. He filmed his scenes on Tuesday 1 December 1964 at Desilu Culver Stage 16.
He made his feature film debut with an uncredited role in Mohawk. He then went on to appear in the 1957 biopic The True Story of Jesse James, which also featured his co-star from "The Cage", Jeffrey Hunter. He also had a supporting role in the classic 1964 film Seven Days in May, which featured an appearance by TOS star Leonard Nimoy.
His other film credits include Al Capone (1959, with Robert Gist), Johnny Cool (1963), and the classic In the Heat of the Night (1967). He did not receive on-screen credit for any of these films.
Other Trek connections Edit
- Crusader episode "The Boy on the Brink" (1956; with Brian Keith)
- Gunsmoke episode "Indian White" (1956; with Stanley Adams)
- Mohawk (1956; with John Hoyt)
- The True Story of Jesse James (1957; with Barry Atwater, Biff Elliot, Frank Gorshin, Jeffrey Hunter, Frank Overton, and Jason Wingreen)
- Gunsmoke episode "Monopoly" (1958; with Robert Gist and Harry Townes)
- Al Capone (1959; with James Gregory, Nehemiah Persoff, Ron Soble, and Robert Gist)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode "Outlaw in Town" (1960; with Bernard Kates, Ricardo Montalban, and Brad Weston)
- Bonanza episode "The Hopefuls" (1960; with Charles Maxwell)
- Bonanza episode "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1961; with John Fiedler)
- The Untouchables episode "The Jamaica Ginger Story" (1961; with Michael Ansara, Brian Keith, Byron Morrow, and Alfred Ryder)
- The Young Savages (1961; with Stanley Adams, John Davis Chandler, Mario Roccuzzo, William Sargent, and Pilar Seurat)
- That Touch of Mink (1962; with John Fiedler)
- Bonanza episode "A Passion for Justice" (1963; with Bob Miles)
- Johnny Cool (1963; with Hal Baylor, Elisha Cook, Jr., and Marc Lawrence)
- The Twilight Zone episode "The Bard" (1963; with Jason Wingreen)
- Advance to the Rear (1964; with Whit Bissell, Yvonne Craig, Gregg Palmer, Andrew Prine, and Janos Prohaska)
- Bonanza episode "Old Sheba" (1964; with Bob Miles)
- Gunsmoke episode "Hung High" (1964; with Elisha Cook, Jr.)
- Seven Days in May (1964; with Whit Bissell and Leonard Nimoy)
- Bonanza episode "A Good Night's Rest" (1965; with Michael Forest)
- The Great Race (1965; with Robert Herron)
- In the Heat of the Night (1967; with Kermit Murdock, Anthony James, and Alan Oppenheimer)