(written from a Production point of view)
As a false distress call lures the Enterprise to a distant region of space, a saboteur puts Geordi and O'Brien at ground zero of a warp core that's about to breach! But is all this part of a greater scheme to draw the Enterprise into deeper danger? From the creative team that brought you the hit Klingons: Blood Will Tell miniseries, Scott & David Tipton and David Messina.
Background information Edit
- By its stardate, this issue takes place shortly after the events of the previous issue, "A Matter of Dates", and a few days before the events of "The Inner Light".
- The issue sold an estimated 7,582 copies in comic specialty stores in March 2008.  These figures do not cover copies sold on the direct market (bookstores, etc.).
- Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Special thanks to Paula Block of CBS Consumer Products for her invaluable assistance.
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in IDW TNG characters.
- Jean-Luc Picard
- Captain of the USS Enterprise-D.
- William T. Riker
- First officer aboard the USS Enterprise-D.
- Klingon security officer aboard the USS Enterprise-D.
- Ro Laren
- Ensign in security aboard the USS Enterprise-D.
- Android second officer aboard the USS Enterprise-D.
- Miles O'Brien
- Transporter chief aboard the USS Enterprise-D.
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|#2: "A Matter of Dates"||Star Trek: The Next Generation - Intelligence Gathering||#4: "Matters of the Mind"|