(covers information from several alternate timelines)
Chancellor was a title used by some nation-states on Earth and elsewhere instead of the more common "Prime Minister" to mean the official Head of government. Some planetary governments were also headed by Chancellors.
- Adolf Hitler was Chancellor of Germany in the 1930s and 1940s.
- Kultarey was Chancellor of one country on the Gosis' species homeworld in 2152. (ENT: "The Communicator")
Planetary governments lead by Chancellors included:
- Andoria (ENT: "The Aenar")
- Kalev was Chancellor of the Coridan government on Coridan in 2151. The position still existed in 2259 of the alternate reality. (ENT: "Shadows of P'Jem"; Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Qo'noS (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)
- Malcor III (TNG: "First Contact")
- Valt Minor (TNG: "The Perfect Mate")
The 2260s planetary government of Ekos also seemed to have been run by a Chancellor prior to John Gill's combining this office and that of President into the dangerously centralized "Führer". Gill's headquarters, even after the installation of his Party's SS science labs and holding cells, were still referred to as the Ekosian Chancellery. (TOS: "Patterns of Force")