Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ships commissioned Edit
- USS Centaur (NCC-42043)
Background information Edit
The Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual describes this vessel as an Excelsior-class starship variant, describing it as being among the ships "constructed from salvaged components, components in work, and custom assemblies fabricated by the individual fleet yards."
Technical manual Edit
The following specifications were given in the DS9 Technical Manual:
- Production Base: ASDB Integration Facility, Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, Mars
- Type: Medium Cruiser
- Accommodation: 315 officers and crew
- Power Plant: One 1,500 plus cochrane warp core feeding two nacelles; two impulse systems
- Dimensions: Length, 381.87 meters; beam, 320.16 meters; height, 78.54 meters
- Mass: 870,000 metric tonnes
- Performance: Warp 9.6 for 12 hours
- Armament: Nine type-9 phaser emitters; two photon torpedo launchers
- According to the novel Articles of the Federation, this type is the Centaur-class, making the USS Centaur the first of its type.
- In Star Trek: Legacy both the USS Centaur and the USS Carolina appear as playable ships of this type, available in the TOS and TNG parts of the game.
- The Centaur is also playable in Star Trek Online, where it is one of the three starting designs for Federation players' starships. It is on the same tier as (and interchangeable with) the Miranda and ShiKahr classes.