Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Another misunderstood nomination was Category:Academic disciplines; initially created to house all the "I took X course at Starfleet Academy" references. Well, I don't think it quite turned out right, as a course is not necessarily a discipline, per se. So I'd link to weed out all the courses, and maybe other remedial training and exercise references (not subjects, eg Sun Tzu, Korrd), most listed at Starfleet Academy and separate them from the aforementioned category. --Alan del Beccio 21:47, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- Yep, been thinking about this myself for a while now... just didn't do anything about it. :; -- Renegade54 14:52, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- Created --Alan del Beccio 02:10, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
Links to Non-"Academy course" articles Edit
This may be picking nits, but... while this page is supposed to list "Academy courses", many, if not most, articles this page links to are actually not talking about the Academy course specifically, but the topic itself.
This may be perfectly valid for a simple list article, but using categories it leads to the strange situation where, for example, an article talking about the history of the Federation categorizes itself as an "Academy course" - which it really is not.
I don't have a solution for that problem, but it still strikes me as odd - does anyone have a suggestion regarding this? -- Cid Highwind 13:04, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
- About the Federation history article, I would suggest that if such a course was not mentioned specifically ("when I took Federation history at the Academy") then it shouldn't be categorized that way. I can't recall a mention of such a class, though it sounds vaguely familiar.
- As to the scope of the category,(which seems to be the issue here, at least to me) maybe it should be Starfleet Academy Subjects, not Courses, as "Course" suggests articles about the actual classes. Subjects would be a little more broad and cover anything taught at the Academy.--31dot 13:17, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
What is the naming convention for individual courses? Are we Capitalizing Every First Letter or what? Starfleetjedi 10:18, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- If it really is an article solely about an existing course, then probably yes. However, see the above discussion - some articles listed here are actually not about the course itself, but about something that is also the topic of a course. Different naming conventions may apply in those cases. -- Cid Highwind 10:26, 9 September 2008 (UTC)