Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- The following was moved from Ten Forward by Shran
- Hi All! This is to let you know that, in a bit, I'm creating a Category:Starbase for all the Starbase articles. I'll do it top-to-bottom of http://www.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=starbase&fulltext=Search. --User:Perfecto
- This needs to at least be proposed before initiated, with some sort of support or additional suggestions or limitations. --Alan del Beccio 04:48, 20 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Personally, I don't see a problem with the way we have it now in list form. (However, if it is voted into existence...) Would this encompass other starbases as well? Or just Starfleet? IE: The Borg Unicomplex, The Tellarite station from "Bounty", the Klingon station at Ty'Gokor, Empok Nor, (specific names aren't coming to me, but) The alien bases seen in Voyager? - AJHalliwell 05:01, 20 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- German MA has "Category:starbase" (Fed) and "Category:space station" (for the rest) - maybe "starbase" isn't really necessary, but it does no damage. --Memory 21:24, 20 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- How about we do like we did with Category:Starships and Category:Federation starships, and create Category:Starbases and Category:Federation starbases?? --Alan del Beccio 04:30, 29 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I agree with Category:Starbases (note plural, it's a list category!), but it should only contain installations that were called starbases, not all space stations (perhaps that could be another category, containing Starbases as a subcategory). In that case, I don't think it is necessary to qualify further as Federation starbase. -- Cid Highwind 23:31, 1 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- So how about Category:space stations? --Alan del Beccio 06:39, 29 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- That works for me. Support. --From Andoria with Love 12:14, 29 Sep 2005 (UTC)
Category links using a number as a sort key should add leading zeroes, so that, in this case, all numbered starbases appear under one heading. This means the sort key has to use four digits here, not three... -- Cid Highwind 20:20, 5 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Classifying planets as basesEdit
Instead of classifying a planet like Zayra IV as a starbase, info on the unnamed or unnumbered starbase there should be moved to Unnamed Federation space stations. Agreed? --LauraCC (talk) 19:54, November 23, 2016 (UTC)