- The following was moved from Ten Forward by Shran
- Hi All! This is to let you know that, in a bit, I'm creating a Category:Starbase for all the Starbase articles. I'll do it top-to-bottom of http://www.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=starbase&fulltext=Search. --User:Perfecto
- This needs to at least be proposed before initiated, with some sort of support or additional suggestions or limitations. --Alan del Beccio 04:48, 20 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Personally, I don't see a problem with the way we have it now in list form. (However, if it is voted into existence...) Would this encompass other starbases as well? Or just Starfleet? IE: The Borg Unicomplex, The Tellarite station from "Bounty", the Klingon station at Ty'Gokor, Empok Nor, (specific names aren't coming to me, but) The alien bases seen in Voyager? - AJHalliwell 05:01, 20 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- German MA has "Category:starbase" (Fed) and "Category:space station" (for the rest) - maybe "starbase" isn't really necessary, but it does no damage. --Memory 21:24, 20 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- How about we do like we did with Category:Starships and Category:Federation starships, and create Category:Starbases and Category:Federation starbases?? --Alan del Beccio 04:30, 29 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I agree with Category:Starbases (note plural, it's a list category!), but it should only contain installations that were called starbases, not all space stations (perhaps that could be another category, containing Starbases as a subcategory). In that case, I don't think it is necessary to qualify further as Federation starbase. -- Cid Highwind 23:31, 1 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- So how about Category:space stations? --Alan del Beccio 06:39, 29 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- That works for me. Support. --From Andoria with Love 12:14, 29 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- Don't forget the mysterious space station in the Enterprise episode Dead Stop.
I was thinking of ways to define the distinctions between the various structures we see. How exactly a Space Station is different from a Star Base for example, and why Space Station India got that name.
It's not from anything from canon sources, but it would be consistent with canon--trying to make sense of the apparently inconsistent nomenclature. Would that be allowed?