Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Moved from Memory Alpha talk:Category treeEdit
- Support, though should be named Sector -- we don't have this in MA/en -- Kobi 17:56, 25 Dec 2004 (CET)
- Support, although there is a point Kobi, in singular or plural. However, every wffort we've seen to date has been pluralized (Planets, Performers, etc.) we should stick to one form for the entire tree. -- Captain Mike K. Bartel
- Wikipedia uses both singular (to list "topics relating to", similar to "see also" sections) and plural category titles (to list "instances of", a.k.a. "list categories") - in our case "Planets" would be a list of all planets (but nothing else), while "Planet" could contain articles like planetary classification (but probably wouldn't link to each and every planet). We may choose a different naming convention, of course, but I think it makes sense if we are allowing "list categories" to exist. -- Cid Highwind 20:26, 2004 Dec 25 (CET)
- Support. -- EtaPiscium 22:07, 25 Dec 2004 (CET)
- Support. Same as Planets. -- Redge | Talk 22:01, 27 Dec 2004 (CET)
- Support. -- Balok 02:02, 28 Dec 2004 (CET)
Accepted - category will be created. -- Cid Highwind 00:29, 2005 Jan 2 (CET)
Shouldn't Sector 23 appear before Sector 1045? In other words, shouldn't the sector key be 5 digits long for all sectors? This way 00023 would appear before 01045. And what should we do with Sector 001? It's currently under the S of Sol, but it could also appear as 00001. -- Harry 12:12, 5 Jan 2005 (CET)
- I thought about that, too - but in that case, all sectors with less than 5 digits would appear in section --0--, sectors with 5 digits would appear in sections --2-- to --9--. We could use a 6 digit sort key, in that case at least all "numbered" sectors would appear in the same section...
- Regarding Sector 001, that article is a redirect to Sol sector - I tried categorizing that one as well, but apparently categories don't work for redirect pages. We can either live with that, or remove the automatic redirect. -- Cid Highwind 12:37, 2005 Jan 5 (CET)