- See creation discussion at category talk:arts
"Fictional literature" for novels, etc.
"Scientific literature", etc for engineering/medical papers, texts, etc. I think this distinction might make sense in light of all the scientific papers listed on okudagrams. --LauraCC (talk) 19:57, August 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Fictional literature sounds like the book is fake, not that its contents are. That's not a good name. - Archduk3 17:40, October 15, 2016 (UTC)
- Same problem. Don't look for sub-categories based on fiction and non-fiction. - Archduk3 17:53, October 15, 2016 (UTC)
- You haven't got all the technical manuals out of the main category yet. The rest doesn't need to be broken down any more than that. - Archduk3 18:04, October 15, 2016 (UTC)
The discussion from MA:CS needs to be put here when these are created. I don't see it here, and can't find it readily on the MA:CS page. Where's the discussion for this? -- sulfur (talk) 20:15, October 18, 2016 (UTC)
- I didn't post any suggestion there regarding this category creation. But it was partially inspired by the fact that people were putting drama-related things in Category:Visual art, when I intended that rename to focus on things like paintings. I took the initiative. --LauraCC (talk) 20:17, October 18, 2016 (UTC)
- A question, though; I've filed some playwrights here and at Category:Earth drama and I'm guessing I probably shouldn't have or did it slightly wrong. --LauraCC (talk) 20:19, October 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Odd. I've been told just to make something myself, several times. --LauraCC (talk) 20:29, October 18, 2016 (UTC)
When it comes to categories, we are a bit more particular, because we want to ensure that our category tree is actually sound, and doesn't contain things that don't make sense. Put it on there, discuss it, nobody objects, make it. -- sulfur (talk) 20:32, October 18, 2016 (UTC)
- But having seen what's in there now, can I just be forgiven and keep it as it is for now and remember to post all my suggestions first next time? And about my question above?
- Also, aside from an overarching category for shakespeare plays, I suppose "Earth drama" isn't much of a category after all. --LauraCC (talk) 20:40, October 18, 2016 (UTC)