Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This category would be more than a simple "list category" - instead, a category for everything that is related to the DE. This could include the article Delphic Expanse itself, an article about NX-01's mission there, but also all kind of things "inside" the DE, including species (Xindi, Triannon, ...), planets, systems, nebulae or objects such as the Delphic Expanse spheres. I'm suggesting this as a test to see if such "region categories" are viable - others could follow later, probably collected in a Category:Regions. -- Cid Highwind 13:07, 2005 Jan 4 (CET)
- Support - This seems to be the sort of thing categories are good at: collecting all the articles relevant to some theme. -- Balok 02:56, 5 Jan 2005 (CET)
- I am concerned about making "cartographic categories" (which would conceivably include categories like "Gamma Quadrant") too broad, because I think that wouldn't be useful for any region bigger than the Expanse (i.e. "Alpha & Beta Quadrant" would be an enormous category, if it included every natural object, species, and historical event that happened in it). I prefer to limit the category to objects listed under stellar cartography. -- EtaPiscium 03:17, 5 Jan 2005 (CET)
- You raise a valid concern about the Alpha and Beta quadrants, but the Delphic Expanse was the setting of a significant story arc. I agree that Alpha & Beta Quadrants (and similiar) would be overbroad, but you seem to be implying that because one cartographic category is bad, they all must be. I don't agree with that. I think Delphic Expanse might be helpful to a browser who wished to see at a glance what MA had to offer on the subject. In my view, the goal is not only to collect the information, but to make it easy to find. This is why I advocated categories in the first place. -- Balok 04:10, 5 Jan 2005 (CET)
- Certainly all other cartographic categories would work well, unless they were too small ("Sector 21505"), or (aforementionedly) too large ("Milky Way Galaxy" or "Alpha-Beta Quadrant"). Support Delphic Expanse. Captain Mike K. Bartel
Should all people from the Expanse also get categorized?I see some like Tarquin or Esilia already are, but many of the more important ones like Degra or Dolim aren't. Is there any consensus about this? Kennelly 09:10, 8 Apr 2005 (EDT)
- I think that anyone from the Expanse should be listed here. -- Cid Highwind 09:35, 8 Apr 2005 (EDT)