Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A ringed planet, Casperia Prime was the inhabited prime planet of its star system. In the mid-2370s, the Starfleet Bureau of Information billed this planet as the "vacation capital of the Horvian Cluster." As a resort world, the planet was on par with Risa.
Later that year, Doctor Julian Bashir planned to attend a medical conference on Casperia Prime before he was abducted by Luther Sloan, who wished to evaluate his potential as an agent, before recruiting him to into Section 31. When discussing the trip with Bashir, Odo joked that doctors always held their medical conferences on sunny resorts. (DS9: "Inquisition")
"kas-PEAR-ee-ah" was the pronunciation for this planet's name from the script pronunciation guide for "Change of Heart".
- The SCE eBook entitled The Future Begins established Casperia Prime as being one of the Federation's most popular holiday destinations since around 2175, along with Risa, Wrigley's pleasure planet, and Phloston Paradise.
- In the SCE eBook Ghost, Jennifer Almieri and her husband honeymoon on Casperia Prime in 2327.
- The Pocket DS9 novel Hollow Men followed the events of "Inquisition", with Bashir reading through a number of papers that had been presented at the conference he had missed.
- In the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Mission Gamma novel This Gray Spirit, set in 2376, Thirishar ch'Thane and Shathrissia zh'Cheen vacation on the planet, where they spend several days rock climbing. Thirishar later says it had been the best vacation she had ever had.
- Casperia also appeared in the video game Star Trek Online in the year 2398, as the location of peace talks between the Klingon Empire and the Gorn Hegemony, mediated by the Federation. The talks were interrupted after an explosion, which was later determined to have been caused by a Klingon extremist group.