(written from a Production point of view)
Captains' Logs Supplemental: The Unauthorized Guide to the New Trek Voyages is an unauthorized reference book published in 1996. The book covers seasons one to four of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and seasons one and two of Star Trek: Voyager, as well as a small behind-the-scenes section on the making of Star Trek: First Contact.
- From the book jacket
- The only one-volume guide to Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and the new Next Generation movie.
- The Trek guide that boldly goes where no book has gone before.
- Now, the saga continues.
- In the pages of Captains' Logs Supplemental, authors Edward Gross and Mark A. Altman - whom the Los Angeles Times called "the world's foremost Trekspert" - bring you the complete behind-the-scenes guide to Deep Space Nine and Voyager, providing candid comments from the actors, writers, producers, and craftspeople who create the shows, along with credits, plot summaries, and airdates.
- Among those interviewed for this all-new volume are Avery Brooks • Rick Berman • Kate Mulgrew • Armin Shimerman • Terry Farrell • Rene Auberjonois • Michael Piller • Robert Beltran • Majel Barrett Roddenberry • Colm Meaney • Ira Steven Behr • Jeri Taylor • Robert Picardo • Ethan Phillips • Garrett Wang • David Livingston • Winrich Kolbe • Alexander Siddig • John DeLancie • Jonathan Frakes • and many, many more.
- The authors also examine the making of the latest Trek feature film, Star Trek VII, and talk to all of your favorite Next Generation stars, including Patrick Stewart and director Jonathan Frakes.
- Journey to the edge of the final frontier...and beyond.