(written from a Production point of view)
Captain's Blood is a Pocket TOS novel – the second novel in the Totality trilogy – written by William Shatner with Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in hardback in December 2003.
- From the book jacket
- Following the explosive events of Star Trek Nemesis, the Romulan Star Empire is in disarray, and Ambassador Spock attempts to render aid by launching a last-ditch effort to reunify the Romulans with their distant forebearers, the Vulcans. But when Spock is publicly assassinated at a Romulan peace rally, Starfleet and the Federation are unable to search for the criminals responsible without triggering an intergalactic war.
- Thus, it falls to James T. Kirk, now retired, to investigate his beloved friend's murder. Given clandestine assistance by Captain William T. Riker of the Starship Titan, and accompanied by his good friend Jean-Luc Picard, Kirk travels to Romulus as a civilian, along with his five-year-old child, Joseph, the cantankerous Doctor McCoy, retired Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott, as well as several members of Picard's crew, still waiting to return to duty on the badly damaged USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E. But on Romulus' sister world, Remus, Kirk unexpectedly encounters an alluring enemy from his past as Picard and he discover Spock's apparent murder hides an even deeper mystery, reaching beyond the limits of the galaxy.
- Trapped on a deadly, alien world on the eve of a Romulan civil war that could plunge the galaxy into a civilization-ending conflict, Kirk's investigation brings him to the heart of a staggering conspiracy. As he discovers the true threat facing the Romulans, he realizes that he must sacrifice the freedom of his son, whose very blood holds the secret to his destiny. Captain's Blood brings together both generations in a battle for the existence of all life in this galaxy, and beyond.
Memorable quotes Edit
"I wish Spock was here, too."
"C'mon, Bones. You're supposed to say, Spock's the one who got us into this mess."
"Exactly. Which is why I wish he was here, so I could tell him so, to his face."
- - McCoy and Kirk
Background information Edit
- The audiobook version was abridged by George Truett.
Cover gallery Edit
- James T. Kirk
- Kathryn Janeway
- Jean-Luc Picard
- Montgomery Scott
- Ambassador. Believed to have died on Romulus.
- Leonard McCoy
- William T. Riker
- Captain. Commanding Officer of the USS Titan.
- Joseph Kirk
- Kirk's five year old son.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Garth of Izar|| Pocket TOS|
|The Case of the Colonist's Corpse|
|Captain's Peril|| "Shatnerverse"|