Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Around the turn of the century, Bunkasha was for the Japanese-speaking market what Pocket Books was for the English-speaking market, as far as Star Trek reference works were concerned. Most notably they published two book series in those years, fully licensed and endorsed by Paramount Pictures, one that comprised illustrated bi-lingual reproductions of internal documents, used by Paramount Studios in the production of the various television productions, and the Star Trek: Official Guide book series, comprising in edited form the various Companion books, beefed out with excerpts from the various Technical Manuals and Encyclopedias. A particularly noteworthy outing in that series was Star Trek: Official Guide 4 - Mechanics (1999), a purely Japanese initiative, that covered the subject of studio models, that does not have an English-language counterpart.
Bunkasha employed an editorial bureau, "Dullmax", that, as a collaborative editorial effort, was responsible for the text of some of their publications, such as the Official Guides 1, 2, and 5.
Though the Japanese traditionally read their books in a right to left orientation – meaning the book is started from a western point-of-view with the back cover – Bunkasha's Star Trek-titles are published conforming to the western reading format.
Star Trek reference worksEdit
- Star Trek: Official Guide 1 - Star Trek The Next Generation - December 1995, updated reprint in June 2002
- Star Trek: Official Guide 2 - Star Trek Deep Space Nine & Star Trek Voyager - April 1997
- Star Trek: Official Guide 3 - Official Database - April 1998, reprint in November 2002
- Star Trek: Official Guide 4 - Mechanics - January 1999
- Star Trek: Official Guide 5 - The Ultimate - October 2001
- Star Trek Next Generation Bible - The Ultimate Writer's/Director's Guide - February 2004
- The Bible II - Star Trek Deep Space Nine & Star Trek Voyager - July 2005
- Bunkasha.co.jp - official website