Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Andy Mangels (born 2 December 1966; age 50) is a writer of many Star Trek novels, in collaboration with Michael A. Martin. Although some of his novels feature the recurring homosexual character of Ranul Keru (ex-lover of Star Trek: First Contact's Lt. Hawk), contrary to some claims, he is not the first Trek writer to place a homosexual character in a novel (see The Best and the Brightest by Susan Wright for a minor character, and the Star Trek: SCE series of eBooks). Keru is the first significantly-featured homosexual character in paper novels, however, and Mangels (an openly gay man) and Martin have consistently featured characters of a diverse sexuality, as well as diverse ethnicities, religious backgrounds, and physical abilities, in all of their works.
Writing credits Edit
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #10: "Lwaxana Troi and the Wedding of Doom"
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #11: "Four Funerals and a Wedding"
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #12: "Command Decisions"
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #13: "Day of Honor"
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #14: "Nobody Knows the Tribbles I've Seen"
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #15: "Requiem in Obsidian"
- Star Trek Unlimited #10: "A Piece of Reaction"
- Star Trek: Section 31: Rogue
- Mission Gamma #3: Cathedral
- Star Trek: Starfleet Corps of Engineers#30: Ishtar Rising, Book 1
- Star Trek: Starfleet Corps of Engineers#31: Ishtar Rising, Book 2
- The Lost Era #1: The Sundered
- Prophecy and Change ("The Orb of Opportunity")
- Tales of the Dominion War ("Requital")
- Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume 2
- Star Trek: Titan #1: Taking Wing
- Star Trek: Titan #2: The Red King
- Tales from the Captain's Table ("Improvisations on the Opal Sea: A Tale of Dubious Credibility")
- Last Full Measure
- The Good That Men Do
- Forged in Fire
- Kobayashi Maru
- Reference works
- Creating the Filmation Generation - 2012, Co-author