Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(covers information from several alternate timelines)
An allergy or allergic reaction referred to a body's inappropriate immune response to various stimuli, usually proteins.
The body's responses could be minimal, but could also include anaphylactic shock or even death. Allergies often had a genetic basis. They could be present from birth or could present themselves at any later point during a lifetime.
Species allergies Edit
- The inhabitants to Sirius IX were allergic to a love potion sold to them by Harry Mudd. (TAS: "Mudd's Passion")
- Humans were allergic to Ferengi blood pyrocytes. (TNG: "The Price")
- Joined Trill were extremely allergic to insect bites. The reaction caused by the insect's venom interfered with the biochemical connections between the host and symbiont. (DS9: "The Siege")
Individual allergies Edit
- Henry Janeway was allergic to chocolate, preferring oatmeal cookies instead. (VOY: "11:59")
- Travis Mayweather was allergic to a pain medicine he was once given on Risa. (ENT: "Two Days and Two Nights")
- Malcolm Reed was allergic to bromelain, for which he took regular injections. He was also allergic to dust mites, oak pollen, and tropical grasses. (ENT: "Silent Enemy")
- James T. Kirk was allergic to Retinax V, an eye medication. (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
- James T. Kirk was allergic to the vaccine for the Melvaran mud flea virus. (Star Trek)
- Wesley Crusher was allergic to metorapan, an analgesic medication. He was treated with bicaridine instead. (TNG: "The First Duty")
- Quark once stated he was "allergic to nature." (DS9: "The Jem'Hadar")
- Commander Zakarian was allergic to many things earning him the nickname "Old Sneezy". (VOY: "Caretaker")
- Jadzia Dax was allergic to icoberry juice – it made her spots itch – but she drank it anyway because she liked the taste. (DS9: "Let He Who Is Without Sin...")
- Tom Paris had an allergic reaction to the water Neelix used for the coffee "Paris Delight". (VOY: "Threshold")
- Neelix, while he had ingested leola root in many forms, discovered his skin was allergic to leola ointment, a topical Talaxian homeopathy remedy for sunburn. It caused discoloration, swelling and blistering to the applied areas. (VOY: "Tsunkatse")