Lieutenant Commander Airiam was a female Starfleet science officer who lived during the mid-23rd century. Beginning in 2256, she served aboard the USS Discovery as the spore drive ops officer. (DIS: "Context Is for Kings", "The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry")
- "Context Is for Kings" (First appearance)
- "The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry"
- "Choose Your Pain"
- "Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad"
- "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
- "Into the Forest I Go"
- "Despite Yourself"
- "What's Past Is Prologue"
- "The War Without, The War Within"
- "Will You Take My Hand?"
Airiam was played by Sara Mitich.
Airiam's nature has been subject to a number of divergent background statements. StarTrek.com described Airiam as being a "synthetic-Human hybrid", while Ted Sullivan tweeted that she was an alien. Meanwhile After Trek: "Episode 3" described her species as "augmented alien", while After Trek: "Episode 5", involving Gretchen J. Berg, Neville Page, and Glenn Hetrick called her instead an "augmented Human".