(written from a Production point of view)
Adventures in Time and Space is a reference work, written by Mary P. Taylor and first released in August 1999. Marking the twentieth anniversary of Pocket Books' Star Trek novel license, it contains excerpts from more than sixty works from various authors, accompanied by commentary from Taylor. It also contains a fan-compiled timeline of the novels, short stories, and audio recordings.
- From the book jacket
- Stardate 1999. To commemorate twenty years of thrilling Star Trek novels, Pocket Books is proud to present a one-of-a-kind tribute volume highlighting the most unforgettable moments from a generation of bold explorations by some of the most imaginative science fiction authors of our time!
- Selected by an expert Star Trek fan, Star Trek: Adventures In Time and Space contains page after page of terrific Star Trek moments. Over the course of two decades, Pocket Books has published hundreds of fantastic adventures set in the astounding universes of Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Voyager. Here is the crème de la crème of Starfleet's literary voyages: the most dramatic confrontations, the strangest aliens, the most deadly perils that ever tested Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, and their valiant crews.
- Journey backwards through time to sample the best the future has to offer!
- SPECIAL BONUS FEATURE: The Star Trek Novel Chronology, showing where each book falls in the grand Star Trek saga – because readers demanded it!
- Steven Barnes' author's note from Far Beyond the Stars is also reprinted in the book.
- An extract from this book appeared in Star Trek Monthly issue 58.