- USS Pegasus is presumed destroyed after an apparent warp core breach. The ship had been a testbed for a new phasing cloaking device developed by Starfleet Intelligence, and the ship's crew had mutinied in protest against the creation of such a device. In fact, the ship, still in a phased state, drifts through space, eventually dephasing inside an asteroid in the Devolin system. Following the Judge Advocate General's inquiry into the incident, William T. Riker is assigned to Betazed. (TNG: "The Pegasus")
- The Parada civil war begins. (DS9: "Whispers")
- Ro Laren enters Starfleet Academy. (TNG: "Conundrum", "The Next Phase")
- Vice Admiral Janeway, father of Kathryn Janeway, drowns beneath the ice cap of Tau Ceti Prime. (VOY: "Coda")
- Miranda Vigo and her son, Jason move to a colony on the planet Camor V. (TNG: "Bloodlines")
- Rugal is born. (DS9: "Cardassians")
- One of William and Louise Samuels' two daughters is born on Volan II. (DS9: "The Maquis, Part I")
- Kar is born. (VOY: "Initiations")
- Harry Kim joins his parents, John and Mary, on a humanitarian mission to a colony that had just suffered from a radiation disaster. While there, the Kims visited a hospital, and Harry wandered off by himself to an area where he wasn't supposed to be. In this area, he saw many sick and dying, including a little girl on an operating table. As he watched, the doctor called for a scalpel, and the little girl looked at Harry, her face filled with fear. (VOY: "The Thaw")
- A nine year old Harry Kim contracts the Mendakan pox. (VOY: "Favorite Son")
- In the Delta Quadrant, the "Think Tank" group recruits an unnamed person into their number. They do not attempt to do so again until 2375, when they extend the offer to Seven of Nine. (VOY: "Think Tank")
- Tanis is born. (VOY: "Cold Fire")
- The daughter of Lieutenant Onara, an officer in the Bajoran militia, is born on Bajor. (DS9: "Accession")
- Willie Potts is born. (TNG: "Brothers")
- According to the Star Trek Encyclopedia (3rd ed., p. 53), Leah Brahms joined Design Team 7 as a junior engineer. This team belonged to the Theoretical Propulsion Group , one of the groups involved in the Galaxy Class Starship Development Project.
- The script for "Hero Worship" states Timothy is ten years old, putting his year of birth in this year.