- Worf, son of Mogh is born on Qo'noS. (TNG: "Sins of the Father")
- January 17 – Ro Laren is born on Bajor to Ro Talia and Ro Gale. (TNG: "Conundrum")
- Doctor Nathaniel Teros develops the theory of neuromuscular adaptation for low-gravity species, but at the time it has no practical success. (DS9: "Melora")
- The Yaderans are conquered by the Dominion. (DS9: "Shadowplay")
- At age five, Will Riker starts school and begins to tell his new friends the same stories about his mother that his father told him. (TNG: "Interface")
- Alsia's father, a stellar cartographer, conducts a mineralogical study of the Vlugta asteroid belt and finds it rich with minerals. (DS9: "Rivals")
- Edward M. La Forge and his wife Silva La Forge save their son Geordi La Forge when is caught in a fire. (TNG: "Hero Worship")
- According to the non-canon video game Star Trek: Starship Creator, Reginald Barclay was born in this year.